DescriptionThese up-to-the-minute devices offer a simple and effective way of pinpointing your position to a rescue ship or planes searching for you. The laser "torch" emits a fan-shaped beam which is pointed at the target and moved slowly back and forth across it. The rescue crew will see a flashing red light which they will be able to home in on.
Laser flares and lights have a number of advantages over pyrotechnic flares for guiding rescuers to the casualty:
Longer in-use life. A typical white pyrotechnic flare, a one-off device, lasts for less than a minute whereas the Rescue Laser Flares® and Lights last for hours. Whilst this depends on the weather and the amount of ambient light, in clear conditions and no ambient light the laser devices can be seen out to 20 miles (30 miles in the case of the Green Rescue Laser Flare®) by night. By day they are visible out to 3 miles.
Location. Laser flares and lights can be used to illuminate reflective materials such as those on oilskins and lifebuoys out to a range of 1 mile.
Ease of use. Having a simple twist method of switching on and off, laser flares and lights are easy to use.
Safety. Laser flares and lights are battery powered and are not a fire hazard. They are much safer to use than a pyrotechnic flare and they can be carried by air.
No Hazardous materials to be disposed of after they expire.
GREEN RESCUE LASER FLARE ®
- Night time signaling device visible up to 30 miles away, optimal conditions. Effective in daytime up to 3 miles.
- Locate reflective material up to one mile (1.6 km)
- Waterproof to 80 feet (24 m).
- Runs 5 hours on CR123 Lithium Battery
- Carry in your survival gear or attach to a lifejacket.
- Non Flammable, environmentally safe
- Rugged, machined aluminum with knurled design..
- Long life laser diode - 5,000 hours meantime to failure
- Limited 180 Day Warranty. Detailed warranty, registration and operating instructions are included with product.
- Weighs 6 oz
- 4.75” long